Pages

Friday, April 12, 2013

Eyeglasses

The word for this weeks illustration is Eyeglasses.  I was excited to start working on this piece, I felt that I could get very creative with my ideas. I began my drawing out two sketches to begin working from.

Step 1: Sketches

I had two very different ideas on where to go with this weeks word. One a human character and the other an animal. So I went forth and sketched both.

image-1  image

Step 2: Digital Rendering.

Choosing to go forth with the penguin drawing, I began by tracing the basic shapes of the body and wings.

step1

Next I added a beak, some eyes, flippers and the white under belly of the penguin.

step2

The next step I took in the process of digital rendering was to add the eyeglasses.

step3

Once all of the basic shapes of the objects were created I went back and added some shadowing behind it's body and wings. I added more detail to the beak and flippers, finishing it off by making the glasses appear to be 3D.

step4


Step 3: Background

I began creating the background by making 2 coloured boxes to represent the ice he is standing on and the sun behind him.

step5

Next i started to make ice burgs behind him.

step6

Step 4: Final

To complete this piece i added some shading to the ice burgs to make the appear 3D as well.

step7

No comments:

Post a Comment